As October is Menopause Awareness month, I thought it would be a great time to get together with the brilliant Shirley from Snap Fitness in Christchurch and talk all things menopause.
From skincare to sleepless nights, fitness to brain fog, collagen to cardio, you name it, we covered it! You can watch the full Let’s Talk Menopause Live here:
Here are some of the highlights:
- Your body deserves better than this. Don’t listen to the mental chatter. Talk to your GP and get help
- Did you know, you lose 30% of collagen in the first 5 years of menopause?
- The right skincare can be a gamechanger
- Take things one step at a time, making manageable changes
- Drink more water!
- It’s so important to talk
- Menopause isn’t an illness
- Empower yourself with information
- Be honest about your symptoms, don’t be scared about them
- Get on the free Balance app and complete the questionnaire and take that to your GP
Thanks, Shirley, for being such a fountain of knowledge and for sharing your tips with me. I hope everyone finds them useful. You can also find out more by reading my blog: Taking action on menopausal skin.
Where can I go for treatment for menopausal skin near me? And where can I purchase skincare products for the menopause?
If you are concerned about the effect menopause is having on your skin, book in for a skin consultation. After listening to your skin concerns and understanding your current approach to skin care, I will assess your skin. Together we will come up with a personalised treatment plan that works for you.
Would you like a free ultimate skincare guide?
Get your FREE ultimate skin guide here…